Monday, June 14, 2010

Sweet Rewards

Today I started tutoring a student that I had this year. She is in summer care at school. As I walked through the gym looking for her I peeked into open doors. I wasn't sure where she would be. Hearing a voice and noticing another second grader in a classroom, I peered into the classroom. Without even calling her name she jumped up and came to me. What happened after that, words have a hard time coming to me. Hugs, hugs like she had not seen me for years not just a matter of days. Those hugs warmed my heart. Actually, I was overcome by her joyful greeting.

You see she was expecting me, she knew I was coming. Probably even knew about the time of day I was coming. Her response to me was overwhelming. I will tell you that during this brief moment in time, God spoke once again to me. One, do I respond to God like that? Do I wait on Him expectantly? When He arrives do I greet Him with overwhelming unconditional love? Two, God confirmed to me again, that being a Christian School teacher has rewards far more precious than money.

He has given me a passion for His children and the joy of teaching. Even when I find myself short on the patience, I still LOVE what I do!

0 comments: