Friday, June 18, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

Elise made it home from the DR. Her plane was delayed several times in Atlanta. The DR team pulled into the school parking lot at almost 2AM. Our first stop was McDonald's...believe it or not we waited for about 15 minutes for a chicken snack wrap. I think we finally got home at 3:16AM.

Elise did say she was glad to be home! YEAH! She fell on her bed with arms opened wide and told her bed, "I will never leave you again!" Notice she told her bed that but not Joel and me.
Today her complaint was, "Why does this country have to be so cold?" It has been close to 100 degrees and very humid here. That was puzzling to me as I had sweat rolling down my back.

Now, she is looking for odd jobs to do so that she can save for next years trip. I had already told her she can't go next year because of raising support. So she is wanting to save for next year. Although, I have offered to pay her to come with me next week, she asked, "How early do I have to get up?" When I told her that we had to be to school by 8:00, she said she would pass. She must not want the money too bad!!!

Next, week I am teaching two modules in Camp Invention. It is a national camp that is put on for raising first graders through sixth graders. It should be very fun but there has been A LOT of preparations going into it over the last two days. I will be working this weekend as well. Pray that everything runs smoothly!!!!! I am teaching Saving Sludge City and I Can Invent. Did I mention it is a science camp!!!

I am off to save the city. See you soon!

0 comments: