Monday, June 14, 2010

Black Eyed Susans and Yuccas








You know as a walk through this daily life I continue to see God. Where so often I fail, God says, "He succeeds."




Over the last few days I have been working in my landscape or jungle by the pool. Years ago, I mean years ago, Joel and I planted Black Eyed Susans. Daisies are my all time favorite flowers. They seem to have happy little faces. Over the last several years they have literally taken over our small area. While I do love these flowers they have simply overtaken the area. This year I decided that I wanted them gone...like GONE!




I pulled a section, then Joel got the idea that we should just spray them with weed out. So I did. If you know me I am a very impatient person. So after I sprayed them I decided they were not dying quick enough for me. Working by myself, I started pulling them out again. As I pulled and pulled and cut those that I still couldn't pull out, my mind drifted to God. I began to wonder if God sees the sin in me as I see the daisies. I know he uses the Holy Spirit to identify sin in my life but I wonder if my heart is covered by the same fullness of sin as the area around my pool is covered by the daisies. God continues to pull/cut or whatever to remove the sins in my life.




The area where I am trying to pull out the flowers is also by a Yucca plant. If you have ever been poked by the ends of a Yucca, they hurt. Too bad when we sin, the Holy Spirit can't prick our hearts like the end of a Yucca. Wait, I think He does.

0 comments: