Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Another Year Past

Yes once again, November 25Th rolled around on the calendar. During this birthday I really wanted to do some soul searching. What events have happened over the last year that may count for something. As I reflect over another year gone by now, I think about the things that have happened and how they have changed my life. Oh there were no big events, just small day to day happenings that pass by.

One year ago yesterday I was released from the hospital, that event in and of itself unleashed a string of events that have really changed my life. One of the changes was of course medical in nature, for now I will be taking a drug for the remainder of my life. Do I like that idea? No, but I guess it beats the alternative.

We had to put Oscar by beloved best friend to sleep last year. I can honestly say that there is not a day that goes by that he somehow does not cross my mind. I do miss him something terrible.

A new member of our family,Benson, arrived in our family in January. He is a wild and crazy min pin. But he holds my heart in his... mouth usually. He has taught me a lot about the way God is trying to mold me. I am trying to mold Benson. He has free will to do what I ask or else... wouldn't it be great if God could just pop us upside the head for biting others, or making messes. But he does come running when I call. Do I run when God calls me?

Elise turned 13. That is something to be proud of. However where does the time go? How much time has past that I have neglected my relationship with her? I often wonder what will she think of me as she gets older.

Our trip to LA, I am not sure if there are enough words or time or space to even begin with LA. All I can say is the God I serve is awesome and bigger than I have ever imagined. Does he let bad things happen? Yes. Somethings I will not understand this side of heaven.

Seventeen loving and tender hearts are entrusted to my care. What type of impression will I put on them?

This year has been a course of ups and downs. I have had many failures and some high points. I have taken my eyes off the Lord. He continues to be faithful and always draws me back.

Looking to the year ahead is scary yet hopeful. What new highs await? What lows are near? "For I know the plans He has for me will not harm me."

Here's to another year!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Happy Belated B/D Tracey! I hope this year is alot better then the last!

Dano and Melinda said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry it is so late! =0) I loved reading your b-day post! Good idea. =0) Wow, it has been a busy year... good and bad. It is hard to believe it has already been a year since you were in the hospital... but then again, it does seem long ago.

Thanks for the get well wishes. I am mostly better, but then I take a dive. Weird. Hopefully I'm all finished showing "symptoms" and all I have to do is regain strength!

Love ya, Mel =0)

Mary Ann said...

Tracey, I am tagging you. So go over to my blog and read the details.