Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thankfulness

The season of thanks is upon us, have you ever thought about what you are thankful for. Not appreciative of, but truly gut wrenching thankful. So thankful because you know without these things, you just wouldn't be you.

My top 10 would be
1. The all mighty Lord- I am thankful that he molds me into what He desires and not what I desire.
2.Family-for teaching me what I want to be like and for what I don't want to be like
3.Friends-who aren't afraid of telling me what they really think
4.Health
5.Peace-that passes all understanding
6.Pets-for unconditional love
7.A loving christian environment to work in
8.The imprints that 17 smiling second graders put on my heart.
9.Forgiveness
10.Encouragement

There are other things that I am thankful for but they are material in nature. With the world the way it is today, at any point material things can be ripped from my hands. During this holiday, I am going to search my heart and see what God wants me to be thankful for. I hope everyone will do the same.

2 comments:

The Hardy Family said...

Hey Tracey!
I saw your blog via Mary Ann's blog! How fun to see you and your family! I will have to add your's to my blog list of people I keep up with. How is Elise doing?? What grade is she in now? Time is flying by!! Did you know we are expecting #3?? Weren't we just living up that way and I was expecting #2?! We have a blog too...it's http://clemsonanduschouse.blogspot.com
Take care and have a happy Thanksgiving. Tell Joel and Elise I said hi!!

Mary Ann said...

We have so much to be Thankful for don't we!!! I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you all to have a very nice Thanksgiving with your family!