Saturday, November 1, 2008

Do We Ever Really Belong?

Do you remember the song from the show CHEERS...where the words say...go, where everybody knows your name, where you're always glad you came...or at least that is the way I think they go.

I want a place like that to hang out in. Not the bar part, but the part where everyone knows my name,where I am known and loved for who I am. Does such a place exist? There are times that I walk into places and think that I am invisible. I don't want to be invisible but in reality I am. There is one place that I can walk into that I honestly don't think people would care if I walked out of. Well, OK maybe a few but just a few.

Oh, I know what you are thinking. God knows me by name, in fact he knows the number of hairs on my head. I know all those things but I still desire a place where everybody knows my name and if I don't show up that someone will ask about me.








I look at Elise and struggle with where we should send her to school next year. Should we stay at WCCS or should we move closer to home so she can have friends all around her. Then things like tonight happen. I took her to a party. This is an annual event this time of year. I think this is her 4th time. I pull up to the drive and my car is literally swarmed with people. All of them coming to help her get out of the car. They of course are polite and speak to me,which makes me feel cool. I wish Elise could see the way the events of just driving up a drive way play in my head, when she says do you think I am pretty, do you think I am fat. Some of times, I hope she sees just how loved she is.

Then that quiet whisper says,"leave her there, you are where you need to be." And I guess that is the answer to that question.

1 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Hey Tracey,
Well I sure hope you are not invisible! I look forward to eating with you every Wed. night
at church. That makes my whole night getting to sit and eat with a friend that is a big person and not a kid. Other then going to bible study it is one of my only adult time I have all week. Sad huh! Girl I love ya and hope to see you tomorrow night!!!

Love Ya!