Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Pictures in my Mind

I am not really sure how many of the readers of this blog have ever gone on a mission trip. If you have gone on one please comment and let me know if this happens to you too.

When we set out to go on a mission trip this summer and even while we were in Los Angeles I never thought that some of the places and things that I witnessed would flash pictures in my head. Sometimes these images just appear with not really any thought of the trip, I could be talking to someone or driving down the road. I remember telling myself that I need to relish every part of the trip. Joel and I don't do a lot of traveling so to go across the country was a big deal to me. I did want to remember every aspect. But even today it has affected my life in a mighty way. I think it has definitely made me more mindful of being a servant to the Lord.

I guess what I am trying to say or ask is do these visions happen to everyone that goes on a mission trips or does God continue to return these sights in my head to lead or direct me in a way.



I wonder about the children that we played with after school for a week. I wonder about the 4 people we took out to breakfast, I wonder about all the people who are homeless as winter approaches, I wonder about the people that we made eye contact with on the Metro. I wonder if any of this every really makes since to anyone but me. It is like that trip has been engraved into my very soul. While we were there it didn't impact me as much as it has since I have been home. The thing of it is --- I really don't want these pictures to ever stop. I wonder why the pictures just pop into my head but I don't want them to quit either.




This year the youth is going to Barbados -- Elise is not old enough to make the trip this year, I originally didn't think I would mind sitting this one out but truth of the matter is I would love to be going --- but all of us going together not me, not Elise, and not Joel, all of us.

0 comments: