Monday, January 28, 2008

Well Done! Good .....Puppy! :-)

Some of you know that we have a new family member he is a 7 1/2 week old miniature pinscher. We named him Benson (after the creek in Kentucky). We wanted a big dog name for a 3 lb puppy. This week has been an exciting one.

As I am working on Benson's behavior I wonder sometimes if God sees us as a disobedient people. At least I know He probably sees me that way. Trying to teach Benson to walk on a leash is rather comical. He stands up on his hind legs and flops around reminding me of a fish out of water. The research I have done on Min Pins says that they are willful but so want to please. Of course when Benson does something wonderful I praise him. One day when I meet Jesus face to face I just want him to say, "Well done, good and faithful servant.

I think my own will gets in the way of pleasing God. Sometimes he pulls me in directions that I don't want to go and then I flop all over the place trying to get right again.

My mom was a little disappointed in the choice of dog that we now own. She told me that they were one owner dogs. Which is my desire for my life in relation to God. I want to serve only one master. So is belonging to one master so bad. Maybe there is a lot to learn from dogs and puppies.

My cat isn't so sure as what to think about this "little bit of a mess." I think she has brought home "rent" that is bigger than Benson. But she too is learning to deal with him. Mainly by avoiding him.

I will keep you up to date on the things Benson is learning. I am sure our house will not be the same for a while or maybe ever. I still miss Oscar terribly and wish everyday that he was still around for me to love. He will always be in my heart.

We are singing praises today for our support checks. We have received two more. We are only $550 away from our March 1st goal of $1800. Isn't God good. Shouldn't we follow His lead, when He asks shouldn't we just go without any pulling back or flopping around. Still my biggest fear is that we will not raise the support we need. I know my doubting disappoints God.

God has taught me so many things during this part of the journey. I can't wait to see what He will show me while we are in Haiti.

I just ask for prayer that God will rain in the support that is needed and that our passport will arrive on time (before March 1).

0 comments: