Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Heavy Heart -- Lifted

As I sit here in the Lancaster County library my heart is very sad. Elise and I dread going home. You see Oscar who is our family Lhasa Apso is being put to sleep probably as I write this. We have had Oscar for 17 years. He was bought for me for my graduation present in 1991. He has been a good dog. He has given us a lot of good years and we will miss his Aroo, roos. As sad as I am about Oscar being put to sleep I know it is the right thing to do. I know that God will give up the strength to go on.

Last night as the darkness closed in I was very down because I knew this time was near. Robbie, our youth pastor called to report on their trip to Haiti and update us on our trip. It seems that at times I can actually be floating on cloud nine seeing God work. He was so excited because of our first support check had come in. I was doubting with every part of me that God could actually provide the support we need. It seems so unreachable. I told Robbie this and he again reassured me, that God would provide. After I hung up from him I just went to bed with a heart that felt as it weight 100lbs.

As always, God doesn't leave us down like that for long. You see we received our second support check today. And well, we have gotten enough support where one of us can almost go.
So as I felt the vibration from the text that Joel was sending, I checked my phone and read just how God lifts us when we most need it.

I ask that you will pray for us as we will probably have many ups and downs on this journey. I also ask that you will pray for the following requests:
1. support will pour in a mighty way
2. the passports will be in before March 1- passports are taking 6-8 weeks to be processed and we processed in week 7.
Again I stand amazed at what and when God does things. How great You are, Lord!!!

0 comments: