Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Leaning Side

It was great to visit family and friends in Kentucky. The only thing I did not like was the temperature. Cold very Cold.

While we were there I was given the third support check. This check comes with lots of mixed feelings. I know this check was over and above just giving, it was a sacrifice.

Music has always ministered to me, I am not sure if it is because growing up I would hear my brother playing the guitar just outside my door or if the Lord has just used music to touch me. There is a song sung by Third Day the words go "your faithfulness reaches into the heavens," I think that God sees faithfulness and sacrifice as a form of worship. So words can't describe the faithfulness that I have seen during this journey.

It is also so amazing to see God ministering to me through different situations that come up. Of Course we went to church on Sunday, we went to my father-in-laws church and while I was there he preached on God is able. The key verse was Ephesians 3:20"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." He talked about a barn that was leaning and was propped up with lumber on the leaning side. I realized that that barn is me. I made a reference to a friend of mine just last week that I need God to keep his hand on my back. I was actually meaning that I was needing him to keep pushing me because if I really sit down and think about going to Haiti---I actually get scared to death. It is a dangerous place, I am just a person, a very insignaficant person. Why me? Wouldn't it be better for God to send someone worthy of telling others about Him. I know that althrough life God has used ordinary people. I told some of my family in Ky that I was excited about our trip-- which is true but really I am scared to death but also excited to see God. I know it will be life changing. So God's Hand does needs to be on my back because I would probably not go. However, I know that God has had his hand there all along and I will be obedient to Him. God has my leaning side.

1 comments:

Bagraybeal said...

We sure did enjoy seeing you over the weekend. I regret we couldn't spend more time with you! And just a word of encouragement, a quote I've read, from one weak person to another, "God uses men who are weak and feeble enough to lean on Him." We love you all!

Beth Ann