Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

As most of you know I am a teacher. I have often said I was going to write a book about all the things that happen in my class. Well, this really isn't a book but a blog will do.

Yesterday, when I received a text from Joel telling me that we had received a second support check, I was sitting at my desk when I felt my phone vibrate. Usually I don't pick up or check my phone during school hours but for some strange reason I stopped working with the student that was standing next to me to read the text. After I read the text, with tears in my eyes, I hugged the little guy standing at my side. Well needless to say my class just thought what in the world had happened to me. Even the guy I hugged asked me why I had hugged him. I took the time to explain then to my class about going on a mission trip and trying to get the money to go that far away was hard. One of my other little boys told me that he would bring me $2.00 tomorrow. Guess what, this morning he did. I told him thank you very much but I wanted him to save his money. "No." He said. "I insist." I of course didn't take it from him. However, he ask me later why I didn't take it. I explained that although I appreciated his thinking of me in that way that it just wasn't right. At that he really didn't understand what wasn't right about it. He told me that I was doing what God was wanting and even though he wasn't old enough to go he wanted to help me. To help me go and do God's work. To help me, to help me, to help me, do God's work. I just sat there again with tears in my eyes,(that happens a lot lately),wondering how do these little children get it and as an adult I still struggle.

How precious are all of His little children.

0 comments: