Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Terrible, Horrible, No Good Day

Today is a terrible, horrible, no good day, very bad day. I didn't sleep well last night, I dreamed about vampires all night, and I woke up with a stiff neck, Joel has been working at night, working during the day on his school work.

Writing has always been a healing or a way to clear my mind. Well, today is a day that I am just .....ummm, blue. I miss my family in Kentucky and my heart wants to desperately visit. Joel, I, and Elise have looked at our schedules and either due to work, school, or volleyball it looks like we will not be making a trip home. When I told my mom this, let's just say she didn't have a good response. Then this morning, my dad called. Always at the end of our conversations he always says, "Love ya, bye."

Those three little words just about opened the flood gates. Don't get me wrong we are busy. We have people around us that love us but in the middle of it all, there is nothing like family. I am sure if my closest pals knew I felt the way I do today, they would do anything to change it. Down deep in my heart I know all the things that I should be telling myself. I know I need to pull up my boot straps and get on with it.

Then my spirit is lifted by picking up a program for a friend's daughter's wedding that Elise and I attended this weekend. Be Thou My Vision is printed on the back of it. All of a sudden my spirit realizes there is a reason for all of this heartache. I have to keep my eye on the prize.


Be Thou my battle-shield, sword for my fight
Be Thou my dignity, Thou my delight.
Thou my soul's shelter, Thou my high tower.
Raise Thou me heavenward, O power of my power

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou mine inheritance, now and always
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou Art.


So, Lord be my Vision today. Help me just get through it.

0 comments: