Sunday, July 25, 2010

Daddy, take me to the moon!

Tonight, Joel,Elise and I went on an ice cream run. On our way home, we saw the moon. It was so close that it appeared to be just 'around the bend.' It reminded me of a time when Elise was young. Years ago we saw a similar sight. Elise was to young to understand just how far away the moon was from us. From the backseat, I can still hear this, "Daddy, take me to the moon." Being too young to understand, Joel told Elise that he couldn't take her. That just broke her heart. You know Daddy does everything for his precious daughter. I think she cried for hours. She didn't realize that the task she had asked was impossible. Although, if Joel could have taken her that night to the moon he would have.

But this got me to thinking about my Heavenly Daddy, the one that will do anything for His precious daughter. My Heavenly Daddy is wonderful. The difference between earthly Daddies and our Heavenly Daddy is simply no matter how much our Daddies here on earth want do for their children some things are just impossible, with our Heavenly Daddy nothing is impossible. When we ask, He Will!

At times when things are not going smoothly, it is easy to forget that or should I say it is easy to remember things of this world. In my mind I have to fight thoughts like: "Why isn't ___ working out my way, _____ isn't fair, or don't I deserve ____?" Then God shows me His marvelous grace. He can take me to the moon! All I have to do is ask and let go! He has the best plans for me. And oh yeah, His plans may not be mine but if I give Him time his plans will be revealed. I just have to be patient ( I really don't like that word), "pull up my boot straps," and remember what I have been called to do. So, Daddy take me to the moon!

0 comments: