Monday, May 24, 2010

As Tears Turn Into Smiles and Then Back Again

This morning, like so many mornings, my Daddy D was on my mind. Sunday mornings always seem to be the hardest. I miss Daddy D especially on Sundays. I guess that is because I pretty much grew up under his wing, in my spiritual journey anyway.



Today as the choir sang "Oh, How Marvelous," I could hear his voice and a small smile crept to the edge of my mouth. It was as if I could hear his big, deep, beautiful, voice singing the chorus all the way from Heaven. I was shocked and surprised at the smile. Music has always moved the very inner of my soul but usually with tears.

I sat there surprised and almost rejoicing for the memories I have with Daddy D. I was overjoyed with the fact that he was with Jesus on that morning. In that instant I knew Daddy D was watching us from Heaven and the Holy Spirit was telling my me all is well within my soul. Then the sadness returned and the longing to hear that big, deep, beautiful voice hurt my heart...still bringing tears. Oh, How Marvelous it is that he is in Heaven, but, oh how I wish he was here for me.


Daddy D, you are gone but never forgotten!



Oh, How Marvelous

Oh, How Wonderful

Is My Savior's love for me.



Anybody else hear Daddy D's voice?

If you would like to hear him sing visit memoriesoftyredenney.blogspot.com. The video is good but in person was so much better.

0 comments: