Monday, March 31, 2008

Paid in Full-- Twice

How sweet those words ring. First, that my life and my mistakes are paid in full by the precious blood of Jesus. I sit here today with the recent diagnosis of shingles. While my whole midsection from the middle of my stomach to the middle of my back, ache, sting, and itch. I cannot imagine the suffering Jesus went through for us, for me on the cross. As uncomfortable as I am, Jesus was so much more. He is so much more of a person than I.

On Friday our church had a big fund raiser for the Haiti Mission trip. It was a dinner theater. Our family and about 11 other of the Haiti travelers became servers. It is unbelievable that black pants, white shirts, and a red sash can turn you into a waitress or waiter. The fund raiser was a hit because our trip has now been Paid in Full.

So I thank each and everyone of you that contributed to our adventure. I know that God moved in your heart and enabled you to give. Giving to a Mission trip that you are not involved in is truly a sacrifice. It amazed me each week how our funds would come in. I played the doubting Tom for a while. I was telling some close friends Saturday that we were $500 away from our goal. Two of the guys laughed. I think they laughed at me. They were the two that would hear me each week saying,"I just don't think we can get the money." They would reply, that God is good. How right they were. I really stopped doubting about the time that our deposits were paid. I sat back and watched at that time, to see how great my God is.

As the time that the trip grows closer, know that each one of you will go along with us to the 5th poorest country and that God will take your contributions and put hands and feet to His mission. Please pray that God is preparing our hearts and the hearts of the Haitian people. Pray for a healthy stay, that no one will need to take a helicopter ride to Miami. Still the one comforting thing is that my same God that is here with me now will be with me Haiti. This is truly a God thing. Words cannot express the appreciation I have for each of you. May you be blessed by this trip too.

1 comments:

Bagraybeal said...

We are so excited that all the money needed has been raised! Now we can't wait to hear all about the trip! Hope you feel better real soon.

Love,
Troy, Beth Ann, Henry, Eileen & Benjamin