Sunday, April 13, 2008

13 Years Ago


It is hard to believe that Elise is 13. As I take a walk down memory lane to this point, I want to get a little teary eyed. But I won't.

Elise had a celebration for her birthday. She invited 4 other girls to have a camp out. Well, almost a camp out, it rained around 12:30am and the girls ended up sleeping on the back porch. But they did it all, played volleyball,ate pizza,played games,roasted marshmallows, and Joel even shot fireworks for them.

The girls she invited got along well and are really good girls. Joel and I didn't have to worry about any of them stepping over the line. For that I thank the Lord. He placed Elise in the lives of girls that live for Him. It was so neat to see the girls as they sat down to eat, they blessed the food without being told. It wasn't a God bless this food prayer either. It was a heart felt prayer asking a blessing on the food and safety for the rest of the night. But why do I sound so surprised, after all this was the little girl who gathered her bags together, I would ask her where she was going and she would reply to find Jesus. God has been a part of her life since the beginning really even before that.

Thank you Lord for being with us since the beginnng!

0 comments: