Thursday, June 18, 2009

Two Men and Me

Ok, this is a piece that I am working on for my writing class. Let me know what you think.

My Father

A man with few words to say,
but when he speaks I listen.

A man who loves people
but he might not remember your name.

A man who loves to work with his hands
his furniture fills our homes.

Man who loves the water
and passes it on to his children.

A man that fixes any problem
by rising early to begin his day.

A man with a garden
that he shares with his friends

A man who loves me
whether I deserve it or not



My Husband



A man that can bring laughter
with just his words.

A man who sees my flaw
but pretends they are not there at all.

A man who encourages me
his words fill my spirit so I can soar.

A man whom his daughter admires
whether he knows it or not.

A man that can bring tears
by giving just a look.

A man I share my life with
my happiness, my sadness, my all

A man who loves me
whether I deserve it or not

1 comments:

Mary Ann said...

How sweet Tracey! I love it!