Thursday, June 4, 2009

All the Different Feelings of Summer


Actually, Summer starts tomorrow for me at 11:31AM. You see that is the time that school gets out for the last time for the 2008-2009 year.

These are the many feelings I have today. Tomorrow may change but for now...., I will leave it at that.

Excitement- That I am.
I am excited for the relaxed schedule of summer.
I want to spent time with Joel and Elise.
I also love reading during the summer. I have been known to stay up until wee hours of the morning just reading.
I am anxious about the upcoming school year.
I wonder about the children God will put in my care next year.
I am excited about developing second grade curriculum even further.

Regret- that may sound funny to you but regret always rears its ugly head at the end of the year.
I regret all the times I have failed to be the person God wants me to be.
I regret the relationships that have not developed the way in which I see they should have.
I regret missing all the little times that were available for me to show some one Christ, and I failed.

Sadness- This summer I am especially sad.
I have signed up for a summer class that meets Monday-Thursday from 8:30-3:30 starting June 9Th and does not end until the first week of July. Ouch. That really cuts into my pool time. I feel great sadness.


Happiness-
Happy that I have had such a loving class and parents that support me in my role as teacher.
And if I must admit it I am really excited to be finished with another year.

Love-
love for all 17 of my sweet little ones.
I also feel the love that they have for me.
Above all else, the love that God has for me.

Amazement- OK maybe that is not a feeling but WOW! Elise will be in high school next year. Am I really that old? No need to answer that, one look in the mirror and I will quickly know the answer.


As I wrap up another year, please pray with me for the students that are leaving my care and also for the students that will be in my room this coming year. Pray for the enrollment at school especially, in the second grade. Pray that God will reign above all else.

Pray for me as I begin the class that I will not be over anxious in the assignments that will be required of me and also that I will have an opened mind to hear what needs to be heard and to change what needs to be changed.

God Bless Everyone!

P.S. The class I have signed up for is the Writing Institute. Help I am not a writer.

1 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like you will still have a pretty busy summer! But if you get to rest by the pool it will be worth it! I can't believe that Elise will be going into HS! Jordan will next year! Waaaa! Didn't see you at church today!???

I know it must be sad letting your little kids go at the end of the year every yr.