Sunday, April 5, 2009

God must have a sense of Humor






My second graders took a field trip to the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, I was struck by the humor God must possess. I only took a few pictures this time around but they are of some of the most unique animals.

Well, sure you are thinking they are only elephants,a giraffe, and a gorilla. They aren't too unique. But just think for a minute about an elephant. God created animals even before he created man, we weren't around to mess everything up yet(maybe he had a little more time to have fun). I just can imagine God sitting in heaven and thinking of all these animals... Could he of thought OK, I am going to make a large, one of the largest animals with humongous ears and let's see a nose that will reach to the ground and can be used to pick up things. (That gives a new idea to a nose picker). And for that animal there I will put spots all over it and s-t-r-e-t-c-h its neck so far that it can reach the top of the trees. That animal there ... I am going to give him fingers, toes, and ears but he will need to move on all four of his limbs.


I in no way think in my little mind, I know the thoughts of God. I am just glad he created animals all to be so different. For some to live in the freezing cold, some to live in the hottest of spots. Those pictures are some of the common zoo animals...the pictures I didn't get are of bright colored animals. Birds that can swim and run fast. Creatures that move so slow that we would have to watch forever just to notice. That is not to forget the great tortoise.

Just as with each of these animals, God created us just as unique. Sure we may all have certain things in common but our personalities are as different as the animals. That I am thankful for.

1 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I too have thought about why God makes animals look the way He did.
But for the most part they are beautiful! Glad to see you posting again! We ate at the Edward Scott house last Sunday? Ever been there? it is here in Lancaster, across the st. from Twin Dragon. Ready for your trip!!! I am getting there!!! We will be in Freeport on the 13th and Nassau on the 14th. Have a fun and safe trip!!!