Sunday, July 27, 2008

Trip to Kentucky







On July 21, Elise, Terra,(Elise's best buddy)and I left for Kentucky. Terra had never been to Kentucky and Elise had asked for years for her to join us on one of our trips. We made good time and arrived in Ky around 4:00. Little did I know that we were in for a trip of a lifetime. We had things and events planned for the whole week. I don't think that there was hardly any time to be bored. We went to movies, homearoma,a trip to Mammoth Cave, country clubs and spa treatments. I do believe that a good time was had by all.



As the days passed by quickly, I began to realize that our family has missed out on so much time with our extended family. It truly saddens my heart. Even as I crossed the board of KY to Tenn I was asking God why? I guess I will not ever know that answer. I think I even sent up a prayer for God to return us to KY. Like God always does he responded back to me that it is not in His will. He brought these things to my mind. We have made true friends that are like our family. People that encourage us, that invite us to their holiday celebrations, people that we call on in the time of need. As I reflected over our week at home, I realized that I have changed as a person. I no longer need some of the "things" that 13 or 14 years ago I thought were important. I am not sure sometimes if I have changed for the better or just the fact that I have change. The most important change of all is that I live life for the Lord.

However, for those of you who are readers of this blog,and have family close by please please value the time you have with your family. Really concentrating on your extended family. Those that come over when they are not invited, those that do things for us that we didn't ask them too. Count yourself lucky if you don't ever have to pay for a babysitter because you can call your mom or mother-in-law. Families are a resource for knowledge and wisdom. Count your blessings. I only wish I had family that was close. Oh, I know that mine would drop everything at a call to come but they are still 8 long hours away. I can't just call and expect them to be over here for a jog. I sometimes think that God orchestrated the whole institution for family so that we can only glimpse how He loves us. Show His love to your family each time you are together.

Thanks mom and dad for a great week. We enjoyed ourselves greatly. We appreciate everything you did and do for us. Love ya, See ya. Bye

0 comments: