Saturday, August 14, 2010

Things We Will Not Understand--This Side of Heaven

Wow! There are a ton of things I need to do before students return on Tuesday. All which I cannot remember right now. I officially started back to school on Tuesday August 10. The four days that I reported to work were I think busy. It seems like I did a lot of spinning in circles. An example of this is...I was going to put up my bulletin boards, I need my stapler, I opened my desk drawer and then had to clean it out. After I finally dug my stapler out and started my bulletin board, I ran out of staples and had to unpack our supplies for the year. It was one little job after another. This year of all years I just feel scattered. I am not really sure why or if I can collect myself enough to be ready. But, ready or not...the students will return.





Although there are LOTS of changes in the school this year that are good and I am excited about there is a heaviness that my heart holds. We have found out that a dear fellow teacher's husband has leukemia and will begin treatment Monday. So pray for their family.



Another dear fellow teacher's mother has cancer and has taken a turn for the worse. Several of my fellow teachers have had to take their student's to college for the first time.



Then last night, at our football scrimmage, a player from the opponents teams fell on the field and we learned that he passed away from cardiac arrest a short time later. He was a senior, 18 years old. As a parent I cannot imagine the suffering that is to come for this family. It is a shame.



Then I pray, I pray hard, that the Lord will protect us, protect our school, protect our students from Satan's attack. My heart literally cries out for HIS comfort to descend like a blanket. I need to be covered with His grace.



So...I apologize for always writing about doom and gloom. But as I have said before, writing to me is a way to heal. Maybe you can understand about the heaviness of my heart. I know there is hope in Jesus Christ, I know what kind of treasure He is to us, to me. But sometimes I just don't understand all the hurt of our world. I know all of this is His plan but....I guess that is faith in action. So pray with me. Pray Hard! And of course, hold onto your fork the best is yet to come!

0 comments: