Tuesday, August 17, 2010

God Appears

Well, after a wonderful short summer....school is back in session. I will have to say that this year, more than any year, I have had a really hard time with the thought of the first day of school. I am not really sure why. I read a lot this summer, went to the beach, and slept late..really late. It was not an exciting summer by any one's standards, it was just good to be carefree for awhile.

So as summer came to an end, my head was not into starting the year again. I have actually been teaching 19 years, that means 19 first days of school. Everything I did to prepare for this year had to be done twice or maybe even three times. I just could not get settled on anything. Even this morning I had an unsettled feeling.

Then God appeared...My 16 tender hearts started to slowly fill my room. The chatter of 7 year olds excited about the first day of school and seeing each other, cluttered my room. Book bags, supplies, and Kleenex had to be taken care of. The first day, even through the confusion, seemed to be routine for me. As we worked, organized, and got to know each other, my heart swelled... it swelled with God's great love and grace. I can't describe that filling in words. And once again I was reminded that I am where God wants me to be. Even as I write my eyes puddle a little because God is such a huge God. Why would he care about a confirmation to me. He is so big why would he care about a little old me. That answer I will not ever fully understand.

So on the night of the first day of school...I look forward to seeing my little ones tomorrow. I pray that God will be seen in my actions. I pray that His compassion and grace will transform my students lives. I pray that He will work in each of them so that they can develop into the people that He wants. Lord, protect us. Keep us safe. Transform our hearts. Let us draw in and grow us in your wisdom. Thank you touching my heart as only YOU can. Lord, be with us. We love you!

1 comments:

The Burleys said...

Hope the teachers Camryn has one day are just like you! :)