Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Holy Ghost It -- Play? I don't think so




Over the last two weeks our lives have been very busy and tiring (if that is even a word). Many of you know that Elise was in a school play. Well, in my mind it started out as a play but in reality when I saw everything, and I mean everything that went into directing this play...it is no longer a play it is a production and I mean a production in so many ways.

Anyway, during the last two weeks sleep is not a thing that has been to easy to achieve. Yes, my body was willing but the time was not available. Elise had practice for the Beauty and the Beast every night from 5-9:30. Instead of coming home I decided to help create the scenes. What a job that is... I painted shutters,houses,made books and libraries out of cardboard. I painted castles and painted in the mortar lines. It was amazing to watch all of these details come to life.

God,as he always does, speaks to me in little subtle ways. He has never spoken to me in the wind, it is always in the little whispers. I guess I have to be still to hear him. In the mist of turmoil of the last two weeks I saw a Holy Ghost It that read:


Trade God your pieces
For His peace

You really have to understand my schedule was...It was basically school to teach, school to help out with the Beauty and the Beast. If we were lucky we were home by 11:00 up again at 5:00am.

When I passed that sign it did get a That's the truth. But after I sat and thought about it, how true that is.

My first thought was trade all of your possessions. His peace is still worth more. Then the second time I thought man my life is falling to pieces before my eyes. Is that the pieces He was talking about. Then I thought, boy my life has a lot of pieces to it....mom,wife,teacher,helper,coworker,friend. Maybe those are the pieces. After a few thoughts on this Holy Ghost It I decided that it means my all, my everything, all the above, and all that encompasses. All my pieces, possessions, time, talents, just me. And he will give me PEACE.

And sure to His word His Peace came. Yes our schedule was busy, yes I was tired and yes my whole body hurt. But you know what? I looked around at school and saw all of God's fingerprints on the students that he placed in my care, I saw the times he tried to work through me, sometimes I let Him sometimes I failed miserably. I know one thing, the students at Westminster Catawba warm my heart in a way that only I and God know. It is neat to see students that have left the elementary school who are now in high school, who care enough about the Lord and the school to give it their ALL. What great hands and feet God has at WCCS.:)

1 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful Picture! Wow! Sounds like a huge production! Looks like it was worth it though!