Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Is it the beginning or the end?

Summer is over, the school year begins.... is it a happy time or a sad time?

In just a few more days I will have the opportunity to meet my new second graders. Is it an opportunity or a privilege?


At this time of year when summer is drawing to an end I am sad because my time is not my own anymore. I now have to operate on someone else's schedule. I have meetings to attend, practices that I have to have Elise to, games I get to watch, and committees to serve on. My time is not my own anymore. However, really in the scheme of things my time is never my own it is the Lord's time.


All summer long I have prayed for God to place in my class the students that need me. I often sit and wonder why is it that I always carry the most students, why is it me that gets the one or two students that are the boogers. Once again this year I have the class of 17. One class has 15 the other has 14. I am asking myself once more why do I get the most students. I could puff myself up and think that they were assigned to me because I can handle them. My reputation is one of being the challenger or the one who pushes. Or I can simply look at it for what it is and that is the privilege that the Lord has given me to show these students my Jesus, to let them know that the creator of the universe, the same person that created everything created them. If we think about God and all the glorious things that he has done from the largest stars to the smallest cell, He indeed is glorious. So if he did all those glorious things where does that put me or the students that I will be serving. They too are glorious.

I know that there are some students that I will not be able to reach. And those are the ones that truly break my heart. How can I reach the unreachable? As the beginning of a new year approaches I don't have a clue what this year will hold. The only thing I do know is that the Glorious God has place those 17 tender hearts in my care for 180 days and I hope and pray that I will not fail Him!!! That one day when I am no longer in this world that He will look upon me with loving eyes and say "Well done good and faithful servant."

If you actually take the time to read this blog, you don't have to tell me, just pray for me. I enter the battleground for hearts of children as a marked woman myself. Satan would love to see me mess up. So pray that he will be kept from God's work. Pray that through God I can be His mouth piece, that the students can see Jesus in me, and that Kingdom hearted children will leave me after 180 days stronger believers. But most of all my prayer is that God will transform lives even if it is my very own.

To God be the Glory, great things he has done.

0 comments: